One of the very finest in Surrey
Opened in 1890 the course was originally designed by James Braid and is one of the UK’s finest downland courses.
Its chalk base allows for excellent drainage helping to ensure the course remains open and playable on fine surfaces all year round. Recent extensive renovation work lead to the course being lengthened to 6581 yards with a par of 71 and CSS of 72.
With four sets of tee's, golfers of all abilities will find the course challenging but fair. The natural topography provides ideal golfing terrain as nature intended, rarely giving a flat stance, and challenging golfers of every level to use their full repertoire of shots. The greens are fast and true but the subtle undulations and slopes provide surfaces that will test even the best of putters.